Date(s) - 21/10/2017
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Henley Town Hall,
Henley on Thames
South Oxfordshire District Council has published its Local Plan and is inviting residents to read it and send their comments in before 22 November.
The comments will then be submitted along with the plan to the government, ready to be examined by a planning inspector early next year.
During the development of the plan, the council has received thousands of comments from residents and organisations, which have helped shaped the plan.
Anybody who wants to participate in the Local Plan examination, should comment at this stage, even if they have done so previously.
This is a more technical stage of the process and the planning inspector will give more weight to comments based on the technical “soundness” of the plan – the council has created a short video and a guidance note to explain what this means, to help residents provide effective comments.
The plan, video, guidance note and details on how to comment are available at www.southoxon.gov.uk/newlocalplan.
Cllr John Cotton, Leader of South Oxfordshire District Council, said: “It’s a challenge to find appropriate locations for thousands of houses in a rural district, but we firmly believe the plan we’ve created deals with the need for housing in our area in a positive way, and it will help us deliver the infrastructure the district needs right now and to support future generations.”
The council is inviting residents to come along and find out more about the publicity period and how to submit their comments at a series of drop-in events throughout October and November at the following locations:
- Wallingford, St Marys Church – Sat 14 October, 10am – 2pm
• Culham, Primary School – Thurs 19 October, 4pm – 8pm
• Henley, Town Hall – Council Chamber – Sat 21 October, 10am – 2pm
• Chalgrove (1), Village Hall – Mon 23 October, 4pm – 8pm
• Didcot, Cornerstone – Tues 31 October, 3pm – 7pm
• Berinsfield, Church Hall – Tues 7 November, 3pm – 7pm
• Wheatley, The Merry Bells Village Hall – Thurs 9 November, 3pm – 7pm
• Thame, Town Hall – Mon 13 November, 3pm – 7pm
• Chalgrove (2), Village Hall – Fri 17 November, 3pm – 7pm
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils