When the festivities are all done, residents in Southern Oxfordshire are being encouraged to make sure their real Christmas trees are put to good use by recycling them.
Garden waste customers simply need to leave their real tree next to their brown bins on their usual collection day: week commencing Monday 15 January in South Oxfordshire
However, residents do not have to be signed up to garden waste collections to recycle their real trees. They simply need to take it along to one of the drop-off points being set up by South Oxfordshire District Council.
Details of the drop-off locations are available on the councils’ website here.
Last year a total of 2,384 real Christmas trees were collected and recycled from the various drop off points in Southern Oxfordshire. This is in addition to the trees that were left next to the brown garden waste bins.
In Henley, we are having a Christmas Tree Shredding event at Mill Meadow on Saturday 6th January 2018 from 10am-4pm. There is a nominal £2.00 charge which will be donated to the Henley in Bloom fund. Trees can be collect, if required for an extra £1.00. To organise collection please call 07836 202508.
The drop-off locations for real Christmas trees are:
Before Thursday 11 January
• Appleford recreation field car park
• Milton burial ground
Before Sunday 14 January
• Brightwell – Root One
• Christmas Common – The Tree Barn
• Henley – Toad Hall
• Nuneham Courney – Notcutts Garden Centre
• Sonning Common – Herb Farm
• Wheatley – Waterperry Gardens
• Chinnor – Whites Field Car Park – Mill Lane
• Thame – Cattlemarket car park
Before Monday 15 January
• Beckley – Folly Farm, Common Road
• Towersey – Sports and Social Club car park and Village Green
Before Tuesday 16 January
• Ewelme – Recreation ground car park – Common Road
• Watlington- Church car park (left of the grass by the fence)
Before Thursday 18 January
• Aston Tirrold and Aston Upthorpe – Recreation ground car park – Chalk Hill
• Brightwell-cum-Sotwell – Recreation ground car park
• Cholsey – Pavillion car park