As the enchanting town of Henley-on-Thames gears up for an exciting half-term week, families are in for a treat with a myriad of activities and adventures suitable for all ages. Whether you’re a local resident or planning a day trip, Henley promises a delightful experience for everyone.
Wind in The Willows Extravaganza at The River and Rowing Museum
Embark on a whimsical adventure with the “Wind in The Willows” exhibition at The River and Rowing Museum. Open Thursday to Monday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, this enchanting showcase promises to captivate visitors of all ages. Immerse yourself in the classic tale with the help of audio handsets available at the reception, narrating the story as you explore the exhibits. Young ones can step into the magical world of Mole, Ratty, Badger, and Toad with the on-site dressing up area and soft play/book area.
The River and Rowing Museum offers a series of exciting activities throughout the half term week, including “Bird Buddies” and “Pancake Day Fun.” Craft sessions, regattas, and races on Mill Meadows promise a memorable experience for the whole family. To book specific sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Henley Adventure Golf at Mill Meadows
For a family-friendly outdoor activity, head to Mill Meadows for a round of adventure golf at Henley Adventure Golf. Open daily during half-term week (weather permitting so best to call ahead) from 10:00 am, this picturesque setting offers a fun-filled experience for both kids and adults. Visit www.henleyadventuregolf.co.uk for more information.
Greys Court: “A Mystery in Stained Glass” Half Term Children’s Trail
Join in the excitement at Greys Court National Trust with the “A Mystery in Stained Glass” half-term children’s trail. Running daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, this engaging activity is perfect for young explorers. The trail costs £2 per child, and no booking is needed—just turn up and enjoy. Normal admission prices apply for non-National Trust members.
Tumblestone Hollow Adventure Playground at Stonor Park
For a week of adventure, make your way to Stonor Park and experience the Tumblestone Hollow adventure playground. Open daily during half-term week from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, bookings can be made online.
Xplorer Family Fun Challenge at Makins Recreation Ground
On the 12th, take part in the Xplorer Family Fun Challenge at Makins Recreation Ground. Explore the park, find the markers, and complete the challenge from 10:00 am until midday. More information is available at www.xplorer.org.uk.
More Henley Delights:
- Table Tennis at Henley YMCA: “Serve, Spin, and Smash” – 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm, free session. Book at www.southoxon.gov.uk/holidayactivities.
- Dance Your Time Away at Henley YMCA: 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm, £3 per child. Book at www.southoxon.gov.uk/holidayactivities.
- Teddy Valentine at The River and Rowing Museum: Create a teddy with Camilla from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. Email email@example.com for details.
- Magical Creatures Family Day at The River and Rowing Museum: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, featuring unicorns, dragons, and more. Fancy dress encouraged and included in normal admission.
- “Sing Sing with Lizzie” at Henley Library: 10:00 am to 10:40 am, a delightful singing and dancing session for toddlers.
- “Alice in Wonderland” at The Kenton Theatre: Catch the magical tale at 1:30 pm and 5:00 pm on the 17th. Tickets start from £15.50. Call 01491 525050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Henley-on-Thames is ready to enchant and entertain your family this half-term. Don’t miss out on the magical moments awaiting you in this picturesque town!